What is TAP?
TAP (Thank And Praise) is a unique social thanking platform to thank unsung heroes working in healthcare and education, while raising funds for good causes.
Why was it started?
Founders and parents of three children, Phillip and Sandie Curtis, have received outstanding service from the healthcare/NHS and education authorities for their special needs son, but have always found it difficult to relay their appreciation to the right individuals.
What is TAP’s vision?
To create a positive world where giving and receiving thanks is the norm not the exception.
What is TAP’s mission?
To make it easier to thank the Unsung Heroes in education and healthcare/NHS.
Who benefits from TAP?
- Thankers – those who benefit from the Unsung Heroes and want to thank them privately. Thankers can also give thanks publicly to the organisations where the Unsung Heroes work, as well as donate funds to related charities.
- Unsung Heroes – those who go beyond the call of duty to help others. They work in Healthcare/NHS and Education and appreciate being thanked for the work they do.
- Organisations where the Unsung Heroes work – TAP provides organisations with a branded Thanking Wall, as well as the opportunity for Thankers to make financial donations.
- Partners/Supporters – companies that want to have a positive impact on their community, and deliver on their Corporate Social Responsibility commitments through positive brand association.
How do I thank through TAP?
It takes only 3 easy steps.
- Join TAP by sending your name via WhatsApp on: +44 7871 064 296 or completing a web form on www.thankandpraise.com
- Once you are registered you will be able to contact TAP to give thanks. Just send a message to TAP naming a specific individual and where they work.
- TAP will then contact that individual to share your thanks.
How is TAP funded?
- TAP is free for Thankers, the Unsung Heroes and the organisations where the Unsung Heroes work.
- It is the TAP Partners who help fund the TAP’s Platform. They are like-minded organisations who want to use their CSR budgets to good effect.
- TAP charges their Partners a 10% management fee on any match-funding of donations, which is used to cover the costs of running the TAP platform.
- TAP has committed to give a portion of its profit to MIND, the mental health charity.
Why is TAP not a charity?
TAP did consider being set up as a charity, but did not want to rely on donations to make this idea feasible; research showed that TAP would be much more beneficial to all concerned, as a socially-driven company.
How safe and secure is TAP?
TAP is a social platform which uses WhatsApp which means that it is safe, private and secure; there are no groups, each person has a private relationship with TAP. All messages are sent to TAP through WhatsApp, where they are checked by TAP, before being forwarded. TAP will not accept any negative comments; this platform is for thanking and praising only.
Is my personal data secure?
Thankers and Unsung Heroes’ data will NOT be shared or accessible outside the TAP platform on WhatsApp. TAP prides itself on being a safe, private and secure platform for all users, in keeping with GDPR guidelines.
How long does it take for the Unsung Heroes to be onboarded?
It takes about a minute for a Thanker or an Unsung Hero (employee in healthcare or education) to register with TAP; they just have to scan our QR code or contact us on 07871 064296. Each company and organisation has their own rules and procedures to bring TAP into their business therefore there is no fixed time. From a TAP side, we can do this quickly.
How can I bring TAP into my organisation?
TAP is always keen to have that conversation. Please get in touch with James McLoughlin – firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the relevant next steps.
How old do you have to be to join TAP?
As TAP is a social platform which uses WhatsApp, we need to follow WhatsApp’s guidance which states that users need to be over the age of 16 to join WhatsApp. Anyone under 16 wishing to thank an Unsung Hero would need to ask their parent or carer to do so on their behalf.
How do I get in touch with TAP?
If you have any questions or just want to find out more about TAP, you can drop us an email on email@example.com or text the TAP number +44 7871 064 296.